The Bee Hive

Follow our next adventure at the Bee Hive

Thursday, October 1, 2009

All Moved Out

We're all moved out of Pensacola and safely in the DC area. So now we can continue the house hunt in person and I can spend some time updating the blog.

In the meantime here's a shot of the Hungarian movers and our moving truck:


Their dog la pinta who was very well behaved:


They had all our stuff out by Thursday afternoon and on Friday after work S and I packed our cars and said our final goodbyes.


I'm pretty sad to leave our first home.

We drove 5.5 hours Friday night to Jacksonville where we stayed with very kind friends who took us in on only a few hours notice. My car was parked behind locked gates so I didn't have to unpack my roof-top sherpackgo.


We got a reasonable start on Saturday after a nice breakfast and made excellent time, only stopping twice in 11 hours for gas.

When we finally arrived at our temporary home on Sunday we were greeted by a passing cruise ship in the front yard.


It's pretty nice here!



But I am eager to have our own place soon.

Up next, wedding recaps!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wedding recaps! Wedding recaps! Does this mean you've got your professional photos in?

Oh, yeah, and glad to hear the travels went well. I got distracted by the thought of wedding pictures. :)