The Bee Hive

Follow our next adventure at the Bee Hive

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Humidity Testing the Frosting Contenders

It's hot here. Too hot to run during the day. Too hot to spend much time outside. And too hot for frosting. At least it was last weekend when I transported cupcakes with very soft vanilla frosting to bridesmaid W's baby shower. S is away for a few weeks so there's really no better time to do a little frosting experimentation to put my mind at ease. Not to worry, S, experimentation includes freezing, so there will be plenty for you when you return.

This is a crummy photo, but it gives you an idea of what's happening in our kitchen today. It's 96 outside, 80 inside and warmer on top of the fridge, I imagine. From the left are Mindy's gravy buttercream, Betsy's vanilla buttercream, a mocha I don't like, and a too chocolate chocolate that is holding up in the humidity amazingly well. I have three more trials in the freezer right now and two more recipes to try. Mindy's gravy buttercream (my name for it) tastes the best, so I'm hoping it holds up well too.
Now I just have to wait another 30 minutes or so for the sun to dip low enough for a shaded run to work off my "tastes."

No comments: