The Bee Hive

Follow our next adventure at the Bee Hive

Friday, May 29, 2009

Cupcake Toppers & I Love Stacey

Tonight I'm working on a design for the cupcake toppers. I bought several sheets of colored card stock with the thought that we would color-code the type of cupcake frosting to the card stock. However, I'm not sure I want to stray from our color scheme. In either scenario the back of the topper will actually say what type of frosting is on the cupcake so even if all the toppers are navy blue, the servers will still know what they're serving. My only concern is that at the end of the night when the cupcakes are boxed up in their take-away containers, our guests won't be able to quickly choose their favorites. However, I will have little signs for the caterer to put in front of each group of cupcake boxes and the toppers will still be visible. Thoughts?

Test cupcake with its topper

Test cupcake in its take-away box with the topper stuck in the front flap
I didn't take a photo of the inside of the box, but the insert that holds the cupcake is so cute. It has cut-aways for your fingers so you can grab your cupcake without mushing the frosting.

In other news, I just got word that a couple I referred to my fabulous caterer, Stacey, just booked Chefas to cater their July 2010 wedding! I am so pleased!! If that weren't good news enough Stacey then told me that as a thank you gift she will be having our fake-cake professionally decorated!!! What an unexpected surprise! I love Stacey!

1 comment:

mismikado said...

cute monogram! I left you something at www.mismikadodowntheaisle.wordpress.com...