The Bee Hive

Follow our next adventure at the Bee Hive

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm Free to Leave Now

I've been living in Pensacola for almost a year not and still had not seen a Blue Angels show or even a practice. It's kind of hard to believe given that they practice every Tuesday (or Thursday, I don't really know, obviously). This weekend is the annual Pensacola Beach air show. And while I have absolutely no desire to wait in traffic on the bridges for 4 hours, nor sit in the sun on a packed beach for 8, I was more than happy to zip over to the beach to see one of their practices this week.

Fat Albert flying over the life guard hut and the pier:
Four of the six Blue Angels in formation approaching the Pensacola Beach water tower:
All six on their way way home:
I wanted to see the Blue Angels before we move from Pensacola, so now I guess I'm free to go. Our house is under contract and my planned departure date is looming near, but I'm not ready to go yet. It's wet and cold in Maine and sunny and warm here. I like sunny and warm. Plus, the impending homelessness is not my idea of a good time. I'm really regretting agreeing to S's bachelor whims in the first place!

No comments: