The Bee Hive

Follow our next adventure at the Bee Hive

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Inspiration Board w/ Laterns & Cakes

I haven't decided on a cake design yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'd like. I say "I" because I'm pretty sure S could care less what the cake looks like. I put together this inspiration board with cakes, lanterns and floral designs that I like.
I found this bird's eye view of square tables, which is helping me visualize the amount of space we have at each place setting.
Disregarding six feet of height, the size of the center piece vases is similar to the size of ours, so it gives me a good idea of how much space is available on the table for all the goodies we're working with. I like the groupings of candles, I'll have to check to see if we'll have enough for sixteen per table after creating all the luminaries for the yard.

I love the size of these bridesmaids bouquets from a Southern Weddings post. They're such sweet little pops of color.
Even though we changed our colors from navy & yellow to navy & hot pink ages ago when I saw this wedding, I'm still drawn to the navy & yellow photos! With our color change we changed our non-alcoholic drink option from yellow lemonade to pink lemonade. I would love to float blueberries in it like this:
Perhaps we should even float blueberries in our signature drink, the fizzy pink panty pull down. I'm blushing. That drink needs another name! I also love the papery look of the spring peonies in the photo. I hope we can get a similar look with carnations, which are always in season.

I would like to have a table of glasses of signature drinks already poured when the guests arrive for the cocktail hour. These drinks look so refreshing! Although drinking from a mason jar does not quite go with the feel of our wedding...we'll save that for some other back yard event.
Hopefully we can have the lemonade and ice tea dispensed from cool old-fashioned infusion jars, like these:
And finally, totally unrelated to drinks, flowers, and table settings, we're still on the lookout for photo booth backdrops. I like the way this black and white pattern repeat looks here. It would be great to find something similar in navy or hot pink.

No comments: