The Bee Hive

Follow our next adventure at the Bee Hive

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Satin Corsages for the Moms

I bought hot pink satin flower hair elastics from J.Crew's crewcuts when I was last in Maine. My intention was to cut the elastic and sew a pin in its place and have our mothers and grandmothers wear them as corsages. I was feeling uninspired by the project and left it sitting in the wedding drawer for months. I just thought the flowers need a little something extra.

This morning I was putting away the new duck cloth corn hole bags when I had an ah-ha moment. I'll add a single leaf to each satin flower using the leftover navy duck cloth. The contrast between the satin and duck cloth adds some interest and makes the whole satin flower thing a lot less cheesy.

One down, three to go.
Update: four down, none to go. Check.

1 comment:

Posh Play said...

What a fun unique idea!